General Tips When Filling Out the Application
Below are listed some suggestions that the Integrity Awards judges have made regarding strengths and weaknesses in past applications.
- If you would like an advisor, a past Integrity Award Winner, to help you with your application, call BBB Communications Director, Margo Riekes at 402-898-8526 or 800-649-6814 #8526 or for any questions you have about the application process.
- Have more than one person from your organization help assemble the information and/ or review what has been written.
- Read and follow all the guidelines.
- Review your responses to make sure they answer the criteria stated in the Application Guide.
- Most organizations will not be able to address all criteria listed under the Judging Categories, but try to respond to as many as you can.
Applications should provide:
- strong evidence of an ethics policy, mission or purpose
- sufficient details to understand company's commitment to ethics towards customers, employees, vendors and/or suppliers
- evidence of employee education/training, involvement, benefit and recognition programs
- examples of ethics towards employees
- strong community involvement and support
- evidence of customer loyalty and referrals
- specific or formalized customer service policies
- an example of recognition from your company's industry
- a precise, concise and well organized application
- specific written responses to each of the Judging Categories
- limited printed/copied materials that are directly related to ethics practiced
- examples of communication pieces like newsletters or ads
The judges do not just want to see written or printed policy statements, but need to see how those policies are implemented. The more direct evidence you can supply regarding what you do to carry out ethical business practices, the better your application will be. In summary, "less is more!"